Wednesday, November 2, 2011

A Bit of History

Welcome to my new blog!

I've been thinking about sharing my thoughts in a blog for a while now. After my good friend started to publish a blog of her own, I have also begun to think in a 'blog format'. So, lets try how this works out!

In order to get started, I guess I should share some background information about how a Finnish mum ended up in Germany. In the beginning of autumn 2010, I was still working in Finland with my big baby-belly. My husband, Herr Welle, was about to start working as an expat in Wiesbaden, Germany in a couple of weeks. We had booked a transportation company to move our home to the new country, even though we still didn't have a new address... A week before the transport company came and packed our belongings, we had finally rented an apartment and I had started my maternity leave with one thing less bothering my mind.

So, in the last possible week, when I was to be accepted into an aircraft, we flew to Frankfurt airport, took a taxi to Wiesbaden and settled in a hotel to wait for the moving truck. Within 6 weeks from our arrival, we had (almost) settled into our new home and our family had grown with a new member - the sweetest little baby girl.

In my blog, I plan to share what has happened after these great changes in our lives, my thoughts about moving abroad, starting family life with new baby, and any everyday thing we will face while living in this beautiful city. I hope I could be of help to anyone facing the same situation, or at least entertain my family, if they are the only ones reading this blog ;). Please, leave a comment and let me know what you would like to read about!

Freundlichen Grüßen,
Frau Welle
(PS. I apologize for my poor English, but I'll use this language so that I could reach other foreigners living in Germany. And my German is even worse than my English!)

2 comments:

fiona said...

Hello! I followed you back from Frau Dietz's blog. Good luck with your new blog and I look forward to reading more. Oh, and your English is very good!

Frau Welle said...

Thank you, fiona! :)